From the website: “The Urban Assault Ride is the biggest bicycle scavenger hunt series in the nation!
Here’s how it works: You and your teammate will set out on a city-wide quest for ‘checkpoints’ on your favorite two-wheeled steeds. Â At each checkpoint, you’ll drop your bikes and complete a funky/adventurous obstacle course, then remount your bikes and hit the streets for more.”
I volunteered in 2008 with my coworker/roommate Frank. Promoter Sarah contacted me and we’re offering Steven Can Plan readers a free group entry (you and a friend) to the hunt on Sunday, May 22. She says that the ride is “about turning recreation and fitness cyclists into bike commuters by providing them with a fun and non-threatening opportunity to discover the Chicago bike infrastructure.”
I definitely had a lot of fun operating the Keg Walk checkpoint where costumed racers walked on mini kegs across a grassy field in Lincoln Park (see photos below).
So how do you win?
- Tweet your favorite Steven Can Plan blog post now until Saturday, May 14th. You can do this as many times as you want but you get one entry!
- Make sure to mention @stevevance and write #favepost in the tweet so I know you tweeted for this contest.
- I’ll make a list of everyone who tweeted a post and mentioned me and then pick someone using a random number from Random.org.
- I’ll announce the winner on Sunday, May 15th, via Twitter.
- You’ll have to come to get your packet a week later on Saturday, May 21st, atÂ Murphy’s Bleachers, 3655 North Sheffield.