Convert your routes that you made in Google My Maps to GPX so that you can view them on Garmin GPS devices, or upload them to MapMyRide.
- Access your My Map. Your My Map must have lines or routes in it. It appears that a My Map with only points doesn’t convert correctly.
- Click on View in Google Earth. Your web browser will download a KML file. It may automatically open in Google Earth, but this is not necessary.
- Visit GPS Visualizer to convert your KML file to GPX
- Select GPX as your output.
- For the input, choose the KML file you just downloaded from Google My Maps.
- Click Convert. Your file will be uploaded and your GPX file will be presented for download on the next page.
- Download your GPX file from the link on the page.
You can now transfer the GPX file to your GPS device, or upload it to MapMyRide. I confirmed that MapMyRide successfully imports the Google My Map I converted following these instructions.